Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Random Heartwarming Thought

I had about half an hour to spend with just Evan this evening as I was putting him to bed. After the obligatory diaper change and some silliness while reading the bedtime story, it suddenly hit me ~ life will be like this with Levi too. Someday he will be walking and laughing and rolling around on the floor. He'll even be talking as well as Evan (who understands everything you say but doesn't articulate as well as some other kids his age). That thought instantly brought a smile to my face. It was the difference between knowing this (because I've read it somewhere or have been told this by experts or other parents) and really truly feeling it in my heart. It was a good moment for me. I hope I'm able to hold on that in the coming months as we work on overcoming whatever challenges may lie in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. I've been having moments like that too! Aren't they wonderful???? Suddenly the future isn't so scary - in fact, it's kind of exciting!

    Hugs to you and that cute kiddo of yours!

    (from SuperMom2SuperBabe)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...