Friday, November 4, 2011

Challenges

Every life has it's challenges; every day of my life has it's own. Some are big and some are small, but the common factor is that each requires extra effort to figure out a way through the problem. This week, my challenges were many, but most centered around time management (ugh!) and finding a way to get Levi's new supplement into his diet.

Nutrivene-D is an antioxidant supplement designed specifically for people with T21, but it's bitter and as a powder, needs to be mixed into some kind of food that can hide the taste. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work out for Levi as it seems his system isn't quite ready for solids yet. (see Levi's Happenings & Stats for more details) So I got some advice to try using an oral syringe to squirt it into the back of his mouth between the cheek and gum to bypass most of his tastebuds and !VOILA! it seems to be working; crisis averted!

Now to look at that time management issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...