Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 for 21: Day 13 ~ A Sad Goodbye

So far, 2011 has been a year that has left me stunned by the unexpected ways in which life can turn. I've had my own difficulties to cope with, but tonight has brought about a sadness which really cannot be understood except by those who've experienced it.

In less than a year's time, two friends have lost little ones, one a son and one a nephew. The death of an innocent child is just hard to accept on so many levels. No matter the cause, it seems unjustified and unfair.

Tonight, the best I'm able to muster is a poem I found which touched my heart...

The world may never notice if a snowdrop doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder if the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever form or even comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way for all eternity.

The little one we longed for was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty our hearts know what to do.
Every beating of our heart says that we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...