Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 for 21: Day 15 ~ Other Stuff Too

Today was one of those days when I had very little time to think about T21. Like none, zero, zilch. I liked today. Although I try to remain positive about how T21 will impact our lives, sometimes it's easier to pretend like it doesn't exist. I can do that because I have 3 other children and a husband and house which need my attention too.

I spent time with Levi today, but I had so much else going on, like sleepovers and birthday parties and digging holes in the yard. And laundry and dishes and carpet shampooing. And soccer games and shopping and the hunting-gathering of food. And somewhere in there, I may have sat down to relax for a minute... or not. I really can't remember. Yes, it's been one of those kinds of days. You know what? As tired as I am, it was nice to spend time with ALL the kids throughout the course of the day and not once think about T21. I'll think about it tomorrow when I'm lazing in bed with Levi while hubby is up with the others. Well, probably that won't happen (the lazing, not the thinking), but it was a nice thought.

My point in writing this post is to share that despite the enormity of the effect of T21 on our lives, we still have other stuff going on too and so all THAT stuff pertaining to T21 is just going to have to wait. We've got lives to live, work to do and fun to have.

No pics of Levi today...far too busy. But don't you worry, I'm sure there will be more tomorrow. Here's a cute one of my cat instead. She thinks she's child number 5...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...