Monday, October 24, 2011

31 for 21: Day 24 ~ Another Month Older

Today Levi is 4 months old! I guess not many people typically look at 4 months as being a "major" milestone, but I get excited every time he gets another month older. We went and had portraits taken, as we do every two months in our household. That may seem a bit much, but hey - it's only for the first year. Babies really do change so much in those first 12 months, it seems a shame to miss capturing those changes.

I would like to use today's post to write a letter to my little Levi and of course, the usual will be posted at the end too.
--------------------------------------------
Dear Levi -

Please go back to being a good sleeper.  Love, Mom. (Just kidding)...well, sort of

Okay, but really, you need to start taking longer naps and limiting your overnight wake-up calls to once or twice. And that whole thing where you go right back to sleep after eating in the middle of the night ~ do that again too, please!

Mommy has officially joined the ranks of the "living-dead." My sleep-deprived brain is now zombie-fied 90% of the time. Sure it's seems I may to be somewhat to blame as I don't get myself to bed until around 11:00 pm or midnight most evenings, but it's for a good reason. I need to pretend that I don't live in a world only filled with children. I need to "talk" to the other hostages (um, parents) who find the internet is the only way to reach out and touch somebody 5 days out of 7! And then there's housework and chores to be done too. Don't get me started on that!

Anyway, you're four months old now and so if you've read the handbook (you received that on day one, I believe), you'll know that you're now to get your act together and start taking a loooong morning nap. Two hours will be sufficient.  Oh - and your sister wants to start sharing a room with you soon, but you can't be waking her up four times a night because your little tummy thinks it needs a top-off. She has to be awake for school during the day, you know. Daddy will be thrilled to be the only person snoring in the bed anymore, but I will miss you (a little bit) even if you were a bed-hog.

Well, now that we've gotten that bit out of the way, let me say "Thank You" for all the little things you do for me each day that make me feel so glad to be your mommy. Your incessant chatter, your smiles and laughter and the way your eyes crinkle up all little when you smile makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thank you for loving me endlessly even on the days when your tired mama is all cranky and doesn't want to do much. You may or may not accomplish your motor skills and milestones as per the handbook (you know, the one I mentioned earlier), but you're showing me that this is no race to the finish. This is one of those journeys where it's essential to take the scenic route and enjoy the company of the one you're with.

Thank you, my love, for being you. All your sweetness and perfection becomes more evident every day.

All my love,  Your Mommy

-----------------------------------

Stats!

Weight: 16 pounds, 3 ounces  (75th percentile)
Length: 24.75 inches (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.25 inches (25th percentile)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a picture slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...