Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 for 21: Day 6 ~ The Buddy Walk

In 1995, the National Down Syndrome Society started the Buddy Walk - an event to raise funds for research and to promote acceptance and awareness of Down syndrome. That first year, 17 walks occurred throughout the country; this year, over 300 are expected to take place.

In 2010, over 285,000 people raised more than $11.2 million to benefit local programs and services as well as national advocacy initiatives. This year, my family ~ new to the Down syndrome community ~ is doing it's part and participating in our local walk.

Here  is the link to the National Down Syndrome Society's page regarding the events if you'd like further information. If you'd like to support my team, which is walking on Saturday, October 8, 2011, you can visit our fundraising page here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope that you'll be inspired to donate or participate in your local Buddy Walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...