Friday, October 28, 2011

31 for 21: Day 28 ~ Weekly Updates

It's Friday! This means lots of things, one of which is that Levi is now 18 weeks old. He's had a stellar week, impressing both his PT and his brother's SI therapist with how he's doing developmentally. He can sit up on the couch, without parental assistance for several minutes at a time without really fatiguing or slouching (unless he's antsy and doesn't really want to be sitting, in which case he'll try to scoot down to his back). See?

18 weeks old

He also is practicing rolling over. He did it for the first time weeks ago, but he wasn't a big fan of the experience. His startle reflex is still present so it's probably going to be a while before he does it purposely and willingly without a LOT of encouragement, but he's also making progress - when he's willing to cooperate, he does it more easily than before. Here he is trying to talk me out of this practice session with his cute faces!


Come on! What do you say to quitting this session and hitting the milk bar? Hmm?

 When we're doing tummy time, he's holding his head much higher (at a 90 degree angle, usually) and for much longer periods of time. Sometimes he goes as long as 2-3 minutes at a time. When I pull him up to a sitting position by his arms, he keeps his head in line with no problem.

We started solid foods this week. The first was sweet potato, which he seemed to like initially, but this morning, he wasn't in the mood. Since I know he's okay with it as far as not having any kind of reaction, I figure we're good to move on to the next food. I thought bananas might be a safe bet. It's sweet and isn't known for being a GI irritant. So we tried bananas this afternoon and I noticed he had sort of a slightly red rashy kind of look on several spots around his hairline. It was faint enough that I wasn't sure that it wasn't there before we started. He seemed to enjoy the bananas so we continued and he ate all that I had dished out - about a tablespoon or two! I didn't notice any other issues after eating the bananas, so we'll try them again tomorrow and see if there's any kind of side effect again. If so, then we'll stop, but hopefully it was just a coincidence.

No stats today as he had all his weighing and measuring earlier this week. I'm so proud of my little guy. He works so hard and is so lovable. I'm surely going to miss these days when he's too active for all the snuggling we get to do now.

1 comment:

  1. Levi is a cutie! I love the picture of him laying on the couch looking at the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think about my post! Please let me know you were here...